Sunday, December 23, 2012

First Week of School Shenanigans

We were busy bees during our first week! I really enjoyed getting to know all of my students. I could tell already that it was going to be a great year.

First, we made "Magic Playdough." I found that activity and a cute poem here and the kids loved it! We read lots of books about starting school, and played some "getting to know each other" games.

Then, I had the kids complete a "My First Days of First Grade" book! You can download it at my TPT store: My First Week of First Grade Book.

We also did a writing activity to display for Parent Night. I cut pieces of sentence paper into triangles, and students finished the writing prompt: "My favorite flavor of ice cream is..." Then, I took all their pictures and had them glue it onto a piece of paper that match their favorite color ice cream!




 I couldn't ask for a better class. They make this job so much fun!!




No comments:

Post a Comment