Sunday, December 23, 2012

Welcome to Our Room!

Hi everyone! My name is Chelsea, and this is my first year teaching first grade! (Not to mention my first blog, so I'll try to do it justice! :)

Thought I'd start out by showing you around my classroom! I went with a "Sweet Shop" theme.

My Reading Corner, schedule, and Common Core Standards posters.

Computer Center & Small Group Station. I made those accordion candies and personalized them with the students' names. Directions for the paper candy mobiles are found here.



 I made this bubblegum behavior chart out of cardboard and bulletin board paper. My wonderful assistant laminated it for me so it would be durable!

Classroom door decor for back to school!

This is our "Sweet Shop" positive reinforcement system. Each jar has different rewards worth different numbers of tickets, which the kids get for great behavior! I got this idea, the labels, and the tickets from this great TPT seller!


Thanks for visiting! I'm excited to be joining the blogging community. ;) I'll be posting soon about things we are doing in the classroom.





No comments:

Post a Comment